Montag, 24. Dezember 2012

Merry Christmas

Capitalism is cruel. That's what I had to learn once again when trying to book a bus/flight from Melbourne to Sydney. Since everyone's trying to get home or visiting family or friends for Christmas, companies DOUBLE the usual price in order to make a lot of money. As we are two really poor backpackers we really didn't wanna pay that much money for transport so we contacted people that had put adverts on gumtree, looking for someone to share the petrol with and eventually found a young couple that would take us but sadly wanted to leave on Monday morning at 4am... Right, so we got up at 3:30 and spent quite a while waiting for them because apparently their GPS didn't work properly... "That should be an interesting trip".
It really was: the guy who drove smoked like 20 cigarettes, opening the window, letting stinking smoke and 31°C hot air blow into my face.
We arrived just in time to get changed and then rushed into the City to the Martin Luther Kirche which is really small and cute so we had a comfi service squeezed between people sitting on the floor.
After that: Kaslar, chocolate fondue and PRESENTS!
Since the weather forecast for today was really bad we decided to have a lie-in and a brunch maybe going to the cinema after that. Instead my aunt woke me up this morning at the inhuman time of half eight saying her friend wanted to go to the beach despite the weather. "Alright I'll be there in a sec."
Fighting my way through deep sand with rain in my face I then realised: "Wait... we did have other plans, didn't we?" But it was too late so I spent Christmas Day in the rain on the beach and after that soaking wet in the car having lunch.
Merry Christmas!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen